I've had this photo a few years. I found it tucked in a book I bought in a used book store somewhere along the way. It's a shot of a Shepard's Department Store Outing. It appears to have been taken in front of the Old Stone Building (I could wrong on that). I would have to guess 1940's maybe early 1950's.
The Station Fire - was the fourth-deadliest nightclub fire in U.S. history, killing 100 people.
The fire began at 11:07 PM EST, on Thursday, February 20, 2003, at The Station, a glam metal and rock and roll themed nightclub located at 211 Cowesett Avenue in West Warwick, Rhode Island.
The fire was caused by pyrotechnics set off by the tour manager of the evening's headlining band, Jack Russell's Great White, which ignited flammable sound insulation foam in the walls and ceilings surrounding the stage. A fast-moving fire engulfed the club in 5½ minutes. In addition to the 100 fatalities, some 230 people were injured and another 132 escaped uninjured. Video footage of the fire shows its ignition, rapid growth, the billowing smoke that quickly made escape impossible, and the exit blockage that further hindered evacuation.
Was Located In Warwick on Jefferson Blvd. Where Bugaboo Creek used to be.
More info here "My parents and my sister used to go their when I was about 6 or 7 and that was quite a while back. Their specialty was prime rib and it was more of a dress up on Sunday to eat there. You had to make reservations at the time." - Nancy