6.12.09

CALDOR



CALDOR  
was a chain of American discount department stores 
based in Norwalk,CT., operating locations throughout the 
northeastern United States. At one time the company was a
  subsidiary of May Department Stores, and was also one 

of the largest discount retailers in the country.

  Caldor had Several Locations in RI, 

Including Woonsocket, Lincoln & Warwick
  On January 22, 1999, Caldor announced it was liquidating 

its remaining merchandise and
  closing all of its 145 stores.
 

3 comments:

  1. My brother worked at Caldor at Warwick Mall in the early 1990s sometime. I remember picking him up at work on Christmas Eve one year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iloved that store. I still have an animated Santa and the box it came in. The box still has the Caldor sticker lol. I think I bought it in the mid 90's..

      Delete
    2. I worked at Caldor Warwick in the early 1990's as well. I may have known your brother.

      Delete